- You can make a great career in yoga
- The demand for yoga trainers and teachers is increasing worldwide
- Option available from short term to master degree courses
- Many institutes offer yoga training courses
How to build a career in yoga? How to make a career in Yoga? At present, the scope of yoga is continuously increasing. Yoga is positively impacting the lives of people not only in India but across the world. In the time of the Corona Virus, people have adopted it more and more for good health. With the increase in scope, the demand for its professionals has also increased a lot. Many yoga courses are being run in different universities of the country. Available from short-term certification courses to master and diploma. Here is the list of Yoga Courses and Universities in India.
Courses in Yoga: 9 Popular Yoga Courses
1. BSc in Yoga – It is a 3-year undergraduate course in yoga in which the students are explained in detail the science of yoga. Students read about anatomy, the effect of yoga on the body and mind. They learn in detail about the science of yoga, hatha yoga, elements of yoga, and much more. To do B.Sc course in Yoga, it is necessary to pass class 12th.
2. MSc in Yoga – This is a postgraduate course in Yoga. To do MSc in Yoga, one must have a graduation degree. Students learn various important subjects like Anatomy and Physiology, Vedas, Upanishads, Physiology and Health, Yoga Therapy, ancient texts like Bhagavad Gita, Yoga Sutras, and much more during this course.
3. Diploma in Yoga – Diploma in Yoga is a short-term course. For this course, the student must be a 12th pass. Students are taught the science of Yoga and Patanjali Yoga Sutras, medicine, naturopathy, mental health, and much more.
4. Certificate Courses in Yoga – These are short-term certification courses, offered by the hour. It has courses of 200 hours, 300 hours and 500 hours. These are part-time (teacher training) TTC programs. Students are taught the pedagogical aspects as well as the science of yoga. The certificate is given by a recognized institute of India.
5. PG Diploma in Yoga – This is a two-year program. A minimum Bachelor’s degree is required for this course. In this course, students are given an in-depth study of the science of yoga.
6. Teacher Training Course (Yoga Teacher Training Course) – Teachers can teach yoga to the students after the training course. The experiential, pedagogical, and practical knowledge of yoga should be in oneself before teaching it to others which one gets after doing this course. TTC can range from 3 months, 6 months to 1 year.
7. BA in Yoga – To do a BA in Yoga, completion of schooling is a must. In this course, one gets to learn the wide aspects of yoga academically. Students are also exposed to the basics of Ayurveda and other ancient sciences for lifestyle. It is a three-year course.
8. MA in Yoga – Upon completing a BA in Yoga, students can pursue an MA in Yoga for in-depth research in the subject. It is a two-year course.
9. BEd in Yoga – Those wishing to teach Yoga as an academic subject in colleges and universities can do this course. To do B.Ed in Yoga, it is necessary to have 12th pass.
Yoga Institutes in India: Yoga Educational Institutes in India
1. Isha Hatha Yoga School, Coimbatore
2. Patanjali International Yoga Foundation Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
3. Bihar Yoga School Munger, Bihar
4. Kaivalyadham Lonavala, Maharashtra
5. Vivekananda Kendra Kanyakumari, Vivekanandapuram, Kanyakumari
6. Sri Sri Yoga School, Udaipur, Karnataka
7. Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga, New Delhi
8. Yoga Institute Santacruz, Mumbai
9. Bihar School of Yoga, Bihar
10. Dev Sanskriti Vishwavidyalaya, Uttarakhand
11. Maharishi Dayanand University, Rohtak
12. Rajarshi Tandon University, Uttar Pradesh
13. Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri National Sanskrit University, New Delhi