The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI), the issuing body of the Aadhaar number, has changed the process of changing the address of the house. Prior to this change, users used to get the home address changed in the Aadhar card with the help of an address validation letter without any proof. In such a situation, it proved to be beneficial for those people who live far from their original residence or ancestral place.
After the closure of this service, people probably will not face any problem because like UIDAI, there are total of 32 types of documents in the list of documents issued for change of home address. Not only this, you can also get your address changed on Aadhaar while sitting at home. Let us first know about this process.
What is the process to change address online (how to change address in aadhar card online)
- Go to the UIDAI website.
- Go to My Aadhaar section.
- Click on ‘Update Aadhaar’ given there, or else click on this link https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/ssup/ can also use.
- After this, the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal will open in front of you.
- Now click on Proceed to Aadhar Card.
- Now enter the Aadhar number (12 digit number) and type the captcha.
- After that click on Send OTP (One Time Password).
- After this, fill the address information of the new home, whatever it asks for related information.
- After all, a document has to be uploaded on the Proof of Address Change round after that.
One of these documents can be used in address proof (which documents required for aadhar card address change)
- PAN Card
- Ration Card / PDS Photo Card (Ration / PDS Photo Card)
- Voter ID
- Driving License
- Government Photo ID Card (Government Photo ID Cards/ Service photo identity card issued by PSU)
- NREGS Job Card
- Photo ID Proof issued by Recognized Educational Institution
- Arms License
- Photo Bank ATM Card
- Photo Credit Card
- Pensioner Photo Card
- Freedom Fighter Photo Card
- Kisan Photo Passbook
- CGHS/ ECHS Photo Card (CGHS/ ECHS Photo Card)
- Address Card having Name and Photo issued by Department of Posts
- Identity Card issued by Tehsildar (Certificate of Identity having photo issued by Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update)
- Disability ID Card/ handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective State/ UT Governments/ Administrations
- Jan Aadhaar issued by Government of Rajasthan ( Bhamashah Card/Jan-Aadhaar card issued by Govt. of Rajasthan)
- Certificate issued by the Warden of the Shelter Home or Orphanage, as per UIDAI norms. (Certificate from Superintendent/ Warden/ Matron/ Head of Institution of recognized shelter homes or orphanages etc. on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update)
- Certificate with photo issued by MP, MLA or Corporation Councilor. (Certificate of Identity having photo issued by MP or MLA or MLC or Municipal Councilor on UIDAI standard certificate format for enrolment/ update)
- ST / SC / OBC certificate issued with photo can also be used. Apart from this, there are some other ID proofs, which can be used.
The importance of the Aadhar card is not hidden from anyone. Whether it is to enroll a child in school or to buy a new SIM for a smartphone, everyone needs an Aadhar card. In such a situation, from mobile number to home address, keep updating in Aadhaar.