How to close Google Pay account
Google Pay is one of the most widely used UPI-based payment apps in India. The app allows users to send and receive money directly through their linked bank account using the phone number of the UPI address. Apart from this, the app also allows users to check balances, pay commodity bills, recharge their phone numbers, pay postpaid and broadband bills, etc.
However, if you do not want to use the service and are looking for a way to delete Google Pay account permanently, then follow our step-by-step guide.
This is the whole process
- First of all open the Google Pay app on your smartphone.
- Now tap on your profile picture coming in the top right corner.
- Now tap on the bank account option and then tap on the account.
- Now tap on the three dots coming in the top right corner. And then tap on the Remove Account option.
- Repeat the same for the other account linked to Google Pay.
- After deleting all accounts, tap on Settings at the top and sign out.
After tapping on the sign-out button, Google Pay will show you a popup message “Sign out of your account? You will need to reactivate your UPI account upon relaunching the app. Note that earlier, Google Pay used to offer a dedicated close account option, however, with the recent updates, it appears that the tech giant has removed it.
In this post, you know How to close Google Pay account.