Is it safe to drink glucose during pregnancy?: There are many brands of glucose powder available in the market these days for instant energy. These are especially consumed in summers when you feel less energetic or sick. Glucose powder contains carbs and soluble sugar, which provides instant energy. The question in the mind of many people would be whether to drink glucose during pregnancy or not.
Is it safe to drink glucose during pregnancy?
According to health experts, drinking glucose in summer will remove the weakness of pregnant women and provide relief, so there is not much truth in this. Because by consuming other things, relief from the heat can also be found. Anyway, special attention should be paid to the diet of pregnant women.
In a conversation with Jansatta.com, gynecologist Dr. Pranali Ahale told that glucose should not be consumed during pregnancy. This can harm both the woman and the child. This can increase the weight of both the mother and the baby. Both can also cause diabetes. Pregnant women should be given more and more nutritious food. If the woman is feeling hot or uneasy, you can give her some other things to drink for energy.
In such a situation, it is important for you to understand that instead of consuming glucose during pregnancy, if you feel the need for energy immediately or have any kind of problem, then you should consume fruit juices or smoothies. This can benefit both mother and baby during pregnancy.
Along with this, it can also provide relief from problems during pregnancy such as morning sickness, nausea, and vomiting. If you want, you can also drink fruit juices like beet juice, orange and seasonal during pregnancy. This strengthens your immune system and makes you feel energetic from the inside.
Disadvantages of drinking glucose during pregnancy
- A high intake of glucose during pregnancy puts the mother at risk of developing diabetes. This can also have a bad effect on the child.
- Actually, whatever hormonal changes occur in your body during pregnancy, there is a possibility of increasing insulin. In such a situation, this problem can be aggravated by the consumption of glucose.
- Excess consumption can upset the balance of electrolytes in your body, as well as cause abdominal pain, irregular heartbeat, and hyperosmolar syndrome.
- Consuming it during pregnancy can cause headaches and stress. Therefore, consume it only on the advice of experts.
- Instead of glucose, you can drink fruit juices, shakes, and smoothies. Apart from this, you can also drink buttermilk, lassi, and lemonade to keep yourself hydrated.